Girl Hub is a strategic collaboration between the Nike Foundation and the UK Department for International Development (DFID), based in the UK, currently operating in three African countries, and with plans to open in India and elsewhere. Some international travel will be required.
The Nike Foundation is a powerful agent for real change and poverty alleviation in the developing world. The Foundations’ focus is on adolescent girls – its investments are centered on programmes and initiatives that enable young girls to realize their potential and transform their world, so unleashing a ripple effect of change. The work of the Nike Foundation is designed to get girls on the global agenda and drive resources to them; ensuring ideas become real solutions that deliver tangible and sustainable results.
In this way, the Nike Foundation fuels the girl effect (www.girleffect.org) - the unique potential of 250 million adolescent girls to end poverty for themselves and the world.
Girl Hub Nigeria is planning to convene practitioners in the field of programming for girls to attend a two days girls' education learning summit. The learning summit will specifically target education programme experts, partners, and practitioners of girls’ education initiatives.
The objective is to understand the current landscape in girls’ secondary school education and completion, nationally and at state level in northern Nigeria. It will also explore what partners are doing including what gaps exist. Participants at the learning summit will also potentially come up with a strategy to addresses unmet needs. GHN will wish to start with Kano, therefore emphasis will be heavy on understanding Girls’ Education initiatives and the general landscape of education, the challenges and opportunities in Kano.
Job Title: Workshop Facilitator
Job Location: Abuja
Scope of Work
Girl Hub Nigeria will host a 2-days learning summit in Nigeria on Girls’ education in Northern Nigeria. The facilitator for this workshop will input into the curriculum design and planning process leading up to the summit, provide the final editorial oversight of content, delivery of content and post-workshop reporting.
Basic Skills and Experience
· At least five years experience in similar scope of work.
· Experience innovative facilitation skills for optimum participation.
· Strong interpersonal, communication and advocacy skills
· Great team player
· Excellent report writing, presentation and communication skills.
· High attention to detail and ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
· Excellent oral, written, presentation and communications skills in English.
· Good knowledge of Education programming in Nigeria is an asset, but not a requirement.
- Annotated facilitation guide.
- 3-day pre-workshop preparation period working alongside core team to prepare delivery.
- Delivery of 2-day workshop in Abuja Nigeria.
- Following the workshop, the facilitator will support report writing, reviewing the workshop overall, and capturing recommendations and lessons learned. The facilitator will have a chance to brief the facilitator on what he wants captured and how.
Mid - October – 2-day remote preparation and development of guide
· October 28-30 -Prep Work in Abuja and meet with Resource team & Confirm Facilitation guide plus rehearsal of roles
· November 4-5: Education Learning Summit
· November 6: Debrief
· November 7 &11: Support writing and finalizing report
Mode of Application:
Applications for this consultancy close on the 24th of September 2014. Submissions should be an outline of agenda for the two days that reflects a process that will enhance learning, and discussion which will enable Girl Hub Nigeria come up with a strategy for intervention in girls’ secondary school education as an outcome of the work shop. Please also include a capacity statement clearly explaining how the candidate fulfills each criterion and clearly demonstrating relevant experience (maximum 3 pages), in addition to a detailed CV and expected fee. All submissions should be sent to Farida.email@example.com with the subject ‘Education Learning Summit Facilitator’.
Girl Hub is an equal opportunities employer and encourages application from all qualified candidates.
Application Deadline: 24th September, 2014.